February 16, 2022•175 words
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, halved and chopped
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other non dairy milk
- Heat the olive oil a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and potatoes. Saute for 10 minutes, until the veggies are tender.
- Add the salt, black pepper, chili powder, paprika, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15- 20 minutes, until potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork.
- Transfer half of the soup to a blender. Add the almond milk and blend for 30 seconds, or until mixture is smooth.
- Add blended soup back into the pot and season with more salt/pepper, to taste. Serve with sriracha or hot sauce of your choice.